When I was a kid my big Italian family would gather for every holiday and sit down to a multi course dinner. The memories I have from these holidays has influence how I raise my children, how I view the major holidays in my life, and how I cook.
As a child one of my favorite courses was the soup course. I know, weird! But… it was so good! The soup every single time was Escarole Soup. It was only ever around in my life during the holidays but now that I’m grown and can make my own decisions…. I make it all the time.
Is it low carb? yes. Ketogenic? yes. Is that why I make it? NO! Whether you’re eating a standard American diet or not, this is a great one. And take it from me, kids love it too.
When it comes to measurements for this soup, it varies. The video shows you step by step instructions, including how much of each item I used for the size pot that I have.
- Chicken Stock
- Grated Pecorino Romano Cheese
- Simmer chicken stock. If you like things a little less salty, add water to dilute the stock a little bit.
- Coarsely chop escarole, rinse, and put in stock, stirring.
- Whisk eggs, add grated cheese, add salt and pepper.
- Drop egg mixture into simmering pot and stir.
- Serve with grated cheese on top if desired.
Hope you all love the little piece of my childhood. Salute!